Cobbles Cowl is knit in the round and features 2 contrasting colors in a textured, open stitch, reminiscent of the cobblestones I see on the streets of Portland, Maine. Instructions are provided for both a long, infinity-style version as well as a short version that can also be worn around the shoulders.This is an easy knit that’s a fun way to play around with 2 colors and a perfect relaxing knit project for your fall and winter knitting.
Long Version: Approx 56”/142 cm (circumference) x 6.75”/17 cm (height)
Short Version: Approx. 29”/74 cm (circumference) x 13”/33 cm (height)
Gauge: 13 sts & 27 rnds = 4”/10 cm
Yarn: Bulky-weight yarn, alloted as follows:
- Long Version: approx 150 yds for MC and 136 yds for CC, shown in Osprey by Quince & Co (100% Wool; 100g = 170 yds), 1 skein of each color. MC: Slate, CC: Honey.
- Short Version: approx 130 yds for MC and 122 yds for CC, shown in Mecha by Malabrigo (100% superwash merino; 100g = 130 yds), 1 skein of each color. MC: Natural, CC: Orujo.
Needles and other supplies:
- Long Version: US 10.5/6.5 mm 32”/81 cm circ needle
- Short Version: US 10.5/6.5 mm and US 10/6 mm 24”/60 cm circ needles
- 1 stitch marker
- Tapestry needle or crochet hook to weave in ends